How To Create A Blog With Blogger
Don't miss out on this opportunity to elevate your blog's brand and drive long-term growth. Get your copy now and start building a powerful brand that leaves a lasting impression
Starting your own blog will help you share any information you want and also build a good number of targeted audiences. Here I will be guiding you on how to create a blog with blogger.
When starting a blog, there are a few things needed for your blog to succeed. You will need a domain name and a hosting account especially if you use WordPress.
However, Most beginners will want to create a blog without investing any money. But building a successful blog requires some initial investment.
In the how to choose the best blogging platform guide, you will find out the best platform used by top bloggers. But if you want to start for free then read this content till the end.
Starting with the free platform as a beginner will help you grow your blogging skills. But when you become more professional. Self-hosted blogging software like WordPress will give you more control over your blog.
Blogger.com will allow you to create a free blog, but it has a lot of limitations. However, as a beginner, it is a great way how to start a blog from scratch.
Table of Contents
What is Blogger?
Blogger is a free publishing platform owned by Google. It is designed to be easy to use.
Blogger, originally known as Blogspot, was acquired by tech giant Google in 2003.
The publishing service is used for creating blogs, or informal online discussion sites.
The platform allows its users to create a maximum of 100 blogs per account and customize those blogs with pre-designed templates.
Content in blogger is hosted on Google’s servers, and the service is available in 60 languages.
Although its popularity in the United States has dropped drastically. But Blogger has a large international user base and is popular in countries such as Indonesia, India, and Brazil.
Features of Blogger
The most advanced feature of a blogger is:
1. Track your results: You can easily track your results just by clicking on the stats bar. You will get an idea about the page views, traffic, engagement rate, and much more.
2. Widget option: You can add a blogger custom widget or a third-party widget. Thus you can easily display the relevant options.
3. You can write a blog from your smartphone: You can easily update your blog by simply downloading the blogger app to your mobile device.
4. Add multiple authors: You can add your teammates or friends for creating or writing a new blog post.
5. Various template options: The blogger provides various template options thus, you can easily customize your blog website.
6. Track your earnings: This feature is very useful you can track earnings just by clicking on the earning tab on the left side.
How to create a blog with Blogger: Pros and Cons
- It’s easy to use.
- You don’t need to worry about paying for hosting.
- Uploading of templates and customization is made easy for beginners
- Google search engine automatically index your content
- Has many free widgets available to enhance your site
- Writing and publishing content is not hard.
- Applying for Adsense is not hard, once your blog is getting traffic
- Viewing the stats and progress of your posts is easy.
- Limitations in case of flexibility
- Can’t be used to create a highly sophisticated website
- Very limited template and widgets compared to other blogging platforms like WordPress.
How to create a blog with Blogger: step by step
This step-by-step guide is dedicated to “beginners” who are new to blogging and would like to get started by learning the basics involved in the process.
Step 1: Register your blog
First of all, go to “blogger.com” then click on the “create your blog” button and sign in with your Gmail account. Then you will be directed to a page where you will enter your blog name.
Enter the title of your blog
This page is where you will enter the title of your blog. The title is what your visitors will see in the header of your blog. Once you are done with this part, click the “NEXT” button.
Enter your blog domain
You will be asked to enter your blog domain, most of the time the name you choose might not be available. So keep trying till you get a name that is available. Click “NEXT”, when you are done.
Confirm your blog display name
Blogger will ask you again to confirm the title of your blog. So enter the name once more and click “FINISH”.
How to create a blog with Blogger: important tools
Once you have successfully created your blog. You will be directed to the Blogger dashboard where you can start creating a blog post and also customize your blog.
New post: click on the ‘new post’ button to create a blog post.
Post: All blog posts will be located in the ‘Post’ section.
Stat: if you want to see the performance of your blog then click the ‘Stat’ button.
Comments: If visitors start commenting on your post, you will see their comments in this section.
Earnings: Once your blog reaches monetization, you will see your earnings in this section.
Page: This section is where you create pages for your blog such as a contact page, about page, and more.
Layout: You can change your blog layout in this section.
Theme: This is where you change your blog template and also customize the look of your blog.
Settings: You can do some changes here, like changing the blog name, description, and custom domain. You can buy a domain from NameCheap.
Blogger.com is a good platform for people will low budgets. You can create a good-looking blog with this service without facing security challenges and server issues.
The only issue you will face is that this platform has some limitations such as email marketing tools and more.
When you first create your blog, the URL will look like this “yourname.blogger.com”, But you can add your own custom domain from the blogger setting section. To get your own custom domain name you can visit Namecheap and register one. it will cost you around $14 per year.